Artist VFX Artist
At Colossi Games, we’re working on a mobile Action-Adventure game that combines the Survival Genre and Asynchronous Battler RPG, all wrapped in a theme of Gladiators in Ancient Rome.
We are well into production with our 12 people team, backed by the biggest European investors, and are hungry for more exceptional talent on our roster. To bring our first game out in the glory it deserves, we’re looking for a VFX Artist. We are all working hands-on and strive to have a lean team with a lot of responsibility and very little micromanagement, so it is paramount to identify the right candidate that will then:
What are you working on?
- The name of the project(s): Gladiators: Survival in Rome
- At what stage of the project(s)? Alpha
- Genres: Action, Role-playing, MMO
- Platforms: Mobile, iOS, Android
Team size and structure?
For which tasks (responsibilities)?
- Create Gameplay VFX: Weapon and magic effects, auras and sparks
- Create Environmental VFX: Smoke, rain, fire, freezing, etc
- Apply Material and shader effects such as water waves
What kind of professional are we looking for?
- Possess a great feel for motion design and translate that skillfully into the game
- Demonstratively experienced with Unity, especially particle systems, materials etc
- Can or willing to program shaders (with code or using visual tools)
- Model in 3D using Blender or 3D Max on a basic level
- Like to expand on 3D Animation skills or even does it already
What is important for us in a person?
Let’s get this straight: Our belief is giving more organisational freedom than you might have experienced before, and expect a strong self-diligence and ‘fiery-eyes’ attitude alongside a good amount of experience in developing and desire to just do better.
We communicate in English as a standard even though many among us speak Russian or German as well. And although we are very experienced in the games development industry, we still have a passion to learn and evolve – a trait you definitely should share.
- A competitive salary that matches our ambitions, plus stock options Relocation Assistance to Cyprus once the travel restrictions are over.
- Flexible work time schedule in line with responsibilities towards your colleagues.
- An office so close to the beach that you might jump into the waters every day.
- A team that has the experience of doing and delivering top results in their sphere.